Scuba diving safari in the maldives
The Dream Catcher team has chosen certain routes which, we feel to be the best in our experience. The routes however are not completely fixed; the details depend on the weather conditions and currents.
We ensure that you will never have the same dive twice on board Dream catcher II. We as divers know that safety is of paramount importance and as such the currents control the choice of the dive sites on the day.
Many incredible sights will be encountered during your cruise, such as Whale Sharks, Sharks, Dolphins and Mantas. We also pride ourselves in catering for the general consensus of the group in their preferences.
Please note that NITROX is NOT available on Dream Catcher II.
Just a little information for divers:
- Please bring your log book and diving certification card
- The first dive is a check dive - obligatory for all divers
- PADI courses available on board (please advise if you require this service) All diving equipment remains on the escorting diving boat during the safari
- Dives are performed according to Maldivian law and PADI standards - no decompression dives, buddy system, maximum depth is 30m for AOWD or equivalent, for OWD or equivalent certified divers 20m depth maximum (Maldivian diving regulation)
- Last dive 24hrs before flight back home
- Use of diving computer is obligatory and this can be hired onboard
- English is the onboard language
- Dive insurance & travel insurance must be obtained prior to your arrival in the Maldives
- Before every dive you will be thoroughly briefed and shown a map of the dive spot
The Maldives is a diver's dream come true. Dream Catcher II will take you to reefs and dive sites that are rarely visited and will give you the chance to explore the tranquil kingdom of the sea and discover the infinite variety of colorful coral, tropical fish and graceful marine life as much as you possibly can. The features onboard Dream Catcher II are:
- Separate diving boat
- Night diving
- Unlimited diving
- 2 X Compressors
- 12 litre dive tanks
- Equipment rental
- Professional dive master
- PADI courses (please advise if you require this service)
- Snorkel tuition (if required)
*Disabled Facilities Are NOT Available*
The main season for surfing is from April - October. The surf is at its best during this time. The atolls advised for surfing are the Malé Atolls. No large distances need to be covered.
Dream Catcher II has a well trained, smiling and friendly crew, who are very experienced in their positions. Their nationalities range from European to Maldivian and Sri Lankan. We have a Captain who has an extensive experience in all weather conditions on the Maldivian seas. Our Chef has a vast experience of cooking international dishes. Our dive master is onboard at all times. All crew members speak English.